Germany: Leading market for electromobility – The market launch phase of electromobility has begun. In order to achieve this goal, the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy has decided to promote coordinated suitable measures in standardization through a collaborative project involving DIN, DKE (VDE) and the DIN Standards Committee Road Vehicle Engineering (NAAutomobil) (VDA).
EmoStar²K’s approach is to enhance Germany’s leading role in setting standards for electromobility by carrying out suitable coordinated measures, intensifying its public relations work and giving targeted support to German industry and research organizations. The measures relate to activities at the internationally recognized standards organizations ISO and IEC, at the European level at CEN and CENELEC, and at the national level at DIN, NAAutomobil and DKE.
What are the objectives?
- Strengthening public perception in order to increase acceptance;
- Rapid and continual identification of both the need for and implementation of standards and specifications based on the Electromobility Standardization Roadmap;
- Development of strategic alliances (national and international);
- Increasing awareness among stakeholders in order to eliminate duplicate efforts, take advantage of synergy effects and minimize investment risk as well as supporting small businesses and encouraging their involvement.
How will they be implemented?
- Implementing the German electromobility standardization strategy and the specific measures deriving from it (project cooperation, international cooperation, ...)
- Initiating and implementing standards projects, e.g. for charging infrastructure
- Carrying out standardization related activities, e.g. developing test methods in automotive technology
- Putting into effect communications measures, e.g. participation, organization and implementation of workshops / conferences for networking and identification of specific areas where there is a need for standardization and specifications
DIN German Institute for Standardization, Mario Beier, Am DIN-Platz, Burggrafenstr. 6, 10787 Berlin
VDE German Commission for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies e.V., Dr. Stefan Heusinger, Stresemannallee 15, 60596 Frankfurt am Main
VDA German Association of the Automotive Industry, Stephan Krähnert, Behrenstraße 35, 10117 Berlin
17th June 2016 – 31st December 2019